Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why do i bother?


Sunday sesh at the gym – chest & back, 20 mins cardio a bit later on. Legs are still dead from Friday. . . . coach kills me.

Progress from last week, was amped during the sesh, now post sesh i don't feel satisfied.


I feel like I could knock someone’s head off.

I feel like shit.

Sometimes I ask myself why do I bother.

Why do I bother working out every day and putting my body under constant stress.

Why do I bother eating clean and constantly saying “no thanks” to the yummier foods.

Sometimes I wish I was satisfied with being a cardio queen, going to the gym only 2-3 times a week for 20-30 mins, no towel required and that’s it. Job’s done.

Sometimes I wish I was satisfied with the 2-3kg dumbbells, tricep kickbacks, and pretty pink gym outfit to match.

Sometimes I wish I was satisfied with eating takeaway 2 times a week, having carbs whenever I felt like it, snacks when I was a bit nibblish, and chocolate just because it was “that time of the month”.

BUT...

that's not me.



That’s not what I stand for. That’s not who I am.

I bother.

I bother because I want my body to tell a story.

A story of strength, determination and commitment.

A story I can share with others and show them that they too can create their own success story with the tools they have been inherently given.

So today isn’t the HIGHLIGHT day of the week in terms of positive thoughts, blah blah blah. I’m human.

I like to FEEL. ALL kinds of emotions and all kinds of feelings. It’s normal to be low some days, it makes the high days THAT much intense.

Tomorrow will be a better day then today, I believe it.

For now, time to prepare my meals for the week, flip the page to my book and continue my success story.




"In the end it will always come down to you. It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment