1.Nobody knows everything – you need to do your OWN research using various sources, and you need to continue this for the rest of your life.
2. As much as I hate to admit it, LEG DAY is the day that makes me
stronger, both physically and mentally. I’m learning to deal with that.
3. Don’t train through the pain – there are a million other exercises out there you can substitute with (thanks coach!)
4. Some people are actually as slow as they seem…give them time, they’ll come around.
5. Don’t let others dictate your life, or tell you what you are and aren’t doing right. Listen to your own body, and you can’t go wrong.
6. Jenny can eat 2 large pizzas, 1 litre of coke, a tub of chocolate chip ice-cream, and finish it off with a bag of corn chips. GOOD FOR JENNY. You can’t!
7. You need to be reading AT LEAST an hour each day, whether it be articles, books, magazines (and no ZOO doesn’t count). It takes 10 years or 10,000 hours to become an expert in something. GET GOING!
8. When dieting, stick with the basics and deal with it. When you’re substituting this with that, and that with this, it’s no longer a diet. It’ll be good for you to actually TASTE the food that you’re eating for what it is.
9. It’s ok to have a couple of no carb days a week. It might feel uncomfortable but you’re not going to die.
10. When you first start dieting, don’t bother with the miniscule things. Eating 6 big macs a day is what you need to worry about, not how many calories in a piece of lettuce.
11. CONSISTENCY is the key to life. Do it, and you will be successful.
12. It doesn’t matter how HARD you train every day, or how long you’re going at the cardio. It’s not going to make up for shit nutrition. Period.
13. Squats are NOT bad for the knees if you’re joints are healthy.
14. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. There are all types of training methodologies out there. Find out what works for YOU, and don’t be afraid to try something new every 5-6 weeks.
15. Protein powder is not anywhere NEAR as nutritious as a solid meal. Don’t kid yourself.
16. PREPARATION – one of the other keys to success. Plan your meals the night before, buy in bulk, cook in bulk.
17. Do not compare yourself to what other people do and don’t believe in more is better. Better is better.
18. If you feel you work harder than anyone else you can be sure you have not even reached 20% of your potential.
19. Refusing to train when you’re feeling shit isn’t a good enough excuse. Unless you’re lying in the hospital bed, get your ass moving. The most important workouts are those where you feel down, depleted, depressed, or someone broke your heart. You’ll feel ONE THOUSAND times better after your workout. I PROMISE.
20. STOP THE WHINING! You chose this life for yourself. You decided to look a certain way that most people find overzealous, too much and too hard. Of course you need to do more than most, because your GOALS and STANDARDS are that much higher. Either you can settle for less and live an average life or QUIT NAGGING, and take it one day at a time, being grateful and happy that you’re physically and mentally capable of doing this.
21. Everyone’s always looking for an easy way out. There is NONE! If life gets easier, you’re not moving fast enough.
22. It’s impossible for fat cells to DISAPPEAR, VANISH, GET BLASTED AWAY. They shrink. End of story.
23. STRETCHING is vital in any training program. Especially post/mid workout. Do it or be prepared to spend months on the couch praying for a miracle to get you back in that gym.
24. I don’t CARE how much you can bench press so why do you insist on knowing mine? Grow up!
25. Everything you do is either moving you towards your goals or away from them, forward or backward. You’re either growing or dying.
26. Things are cyclical in nature. If there is something you need to work on, God will keep bringing that ‘something’ in your face until you deal with it.
27. DETERMINATION is what makes a winner successful. You either want it or you don’t want it. Period.
28. Food is fuel. The only other reasons we eat (and this is majority of the time) is for socializing and for emotional reasons. Think about THAT next time you’re reaching for that Mars Bar. HA!
29. The only limits you face are the ones you place on yourself. You can do it, just BELIEVE it.
30. Learn to accept responsibility for the current state of your body. Once you have done this, assume the responsibility for changing it.
31. You’re not going to get that KILLER BODY overnight. It took time to get it to where it is, don’t expect it come off any other way.
32. GREEN TEA is the bomb. If you’re not drinking it, you’re not reaping the endless, endless, endless benefits and are missing out. DRINK UP!
I could probably go on FOREVER, but i managed to somehow stop myself at No.32 . . there will most likely be a Part II to this some day soon.
Hope everyone's alive & kicking it in the gym.