Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Do Affirmations Work Mel?


I don’t think it’s a matter of a blunt “yes it does work” or “no it doesn’t work”.

There’s more to it then that.

One thing hardly ever works on its own.
If you want to lose weight you’re not going to get optimum results solely with eating a bit healthier, you need to implement exercise into the equation.


In order for a car to work you can’t just have an engine and expect it to run without any fuel.

Same goes with your motivation – using affirmations in CONJUNCTION with other tools and other sources is a great stepping stone to success.

It’s a good idea to have seperate affirmations you use for both your training and your goals.

I’m going to share with you my training related affirmations I say OUT LOUD before each workout, whether it’s cardio, weights, whatever training I’m doing for the day.


I will power through today’s workout and overcome all barriers.


I don’t let my mind convince me to quit.

I make the decision to complete the challenge in its entirety BEFORE i begin the workout.


I begin with the end in mind.

I am strong beyond belief, I am powerful beyond measure.

That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

I train from the inside out. Using my strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses.

My dedication will be visible to everyone the day i stand on the stage with other competitors. My dedication is what the judges will score. My dedication will make the difference between winning and losing. With my dedication i can realize success in any field of human endeavour.


I am going to gym, I have a purpose, I have developed a plan, I am going to succeed!


Today I will be my best and accept no less.


I don't make it easy for my competition. I don't give them excuses to beat me in the gym or on stage.


I do not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


There we go! Hopefully some stood out to you and please feel free to implement these into your regular pre-training rituals!


Start off with picking one or two that you can say even on the way to the gym in the car.
But you must say it OUT LOUD, so you hear yourself saying it, and you must believe what you’re saying, really let the words resonate into your brain!
OH and another thing . . don't think that you say it once and it will be effective.
Back to the weight loss theory, you can't just go to the gym once and expect results.
It's all about consistency people!

If anything, it really gets your fired up for a workout especially when you’re having a below average day.


Keep smiling & Dig Deep


:)


x Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment