I have a tendancy to eat the saaaaame thing day in, day out until i’m dreaming green beans are falling from the sky . . i’m just ultra lazy when it comes to cooking.
Frozen green beans, tuna. microwave. DONE.
SO, as a strategy to CHANGE that . . i’ve decided to cook ONE new thing each week . . can be a dinner, dessert, snack, ANYTHING . . which will probably be done over the weekend.
So today . . it is *drum roll*
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower or a bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup (113 grams) fat-free / light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Any herbs (oregano, parsley, italian herb mix, garlic powder)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Steam cauliflower or put in the microwave for 10 minutes. Mash until smooth. Strain out as much water as possible.
3. Combine mashed cauliflower with egg, parmesan, mozzarella, and oregano. Form into a "dough ball" and squeeze all excess water. 4. Spray baking pan and mash ingredients into a round crust. 5. Bake for 12-20 minutes (maybe even longer) until golden brown.
6. Top with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, tomatoes (be careful with the sauce because the base is going to be a little watery). . fat-free cheese, and any toppings of choice: turkey . . pepperoni . . chicken . . mushrooms, spinach, peppers, low-fat Canadian bacon, etc.
7. Place back in oven until cheese melts and toppings are heated, then mentally prepare for the mouth-gasm headed your way.
You want to put as MUCH veggies as you can on it to fill you up . . volumize the shit out of it . . mushrooms . . capsicum . . chilli . . egg . . meat . . turkey . . spinach . . squash . . whatever veggie you can think of that would taste sexy . . use your imagination.
It’s not the PERFECT pizza . . bcos of the texture of the cauliflower, it’s watery in nature so the pizza is going to be quite soft . . just go with it . . it’s flourless pizza . . what more could you want.
Low calorie, high yummy.
MAKE IT. NOW.
Let me know if you guys try this and the different toppings you put on !!
NOTE: one thing that i would probably change is add maybe a little bit of almond meal/coconut flour . . just so it holds together . . maybe 1/4 cup.