Sunday, March 21, 2010

“You can puke, you can pass out . . you can die, but you can't quit."


First thing you notice when beginning a new kind of training is just how much you SUCK at it.

Seriously . . SUCK at it.

Coming into Crossfit from a typical strength/bodybuilding style training program to a conditioning one . . you think that helps you?
HA! Get serious . .

But that’s what I’m loving . .

That’s what I’m thriving on . .

It’s like I’ve been reborn again . .

I’m a toddler and I’m just learning to walk . .

Learning the movements . . dissecting each and every arm placement . . foot placement . . head placement . . breathing . . grip . .how each connects to the other . .

Does it frustrate me that I can’t do certain movements yet?

Of course it fucking does!! . . but that’s where my drive is . .

To be better than where I am each and every workout . .

To get a better time . . each and every workout

To use a measure of success to make sure I’m pushing myself as far . . and as hard as I can go . .

One thing I’ve realised above anything . .

You’ve got to PUSH when your body says you’re tired . .

If all you’re doing is exercising until your mind tells your body that it’s tired . . forget it! Your body is going to get LAZY and fall short EVERY time . .

Tired? . . keep going . . Exhausted? . . keep going . .

Your body will then realise that it needs to build up more strength if that HARD ASS mind of yours is going to drive it to exhaustion!

Need a breather? Do another round and THEN decide if you need a breather . .
Then give yourself a certain amount of time to have a mini-rest . . count it down . . 5 4 3 2 1 . . GO!

Don’t wait till you’re fully rested . . that’s not what conditioning is about . .

Does it hurt? HELL YES . . but just think . . the faster you finish . . the faster it stops hurting . .

Intensity is where it’s at!

Tomorrow is MAX DAY.

. . max Front Squat . . max Push Jerk . .

BRING

IT

ON

No comments:

Post a Comment