Thursday, October 1, 2009

ROADBLOCKERS


Another person thinking they know what’s best for me and my body.

Just because I watch what goes into my mouth, just because I consistently exercise and live a healthy lifestyle does not make it a “bad” thing.

I may not think about food the same way a lot of others do but that does not give anyone the right to dictate how or what you should be eating.


EVER.

Friends can be good yet evil for you at the same time.

The good friends, the ones to keep, are the ones that understand or at least bare minimum ACCEPT the life you live, not necessarily understanding why you live it the way you do.

I don’t try and dictate your life, all I ask is that you give the same courtesy.

One of these “friends” was talking to me about how my life is all about health and fitness and I never used to be this extreme with my food and exercise. . . yeh and?

When people tell you of a concern they have with you and your body your first reaction is to either retaliate or accept it.

So I was thinking to myself, this was a while ago, i've grown up since then, "is something wrong with me, am I going too far with this all, should I take a step back."

Then I woke up to myself.

Who is this person to tell me how I should live my life?

This person I have not spoken to for who knows how many months.
This person does not follow me around 24/7 to have even the slightest INKLING of how or what I eat, when I eat it, how I go about my everyday life.


NOW this person wants some sort of say on the choices I make with regards to my mind and my body?

Are you effing serious?

It’s STUPID to allow this person’s comments or “advice” implement the structure of my life.

Don’t know what came over me for that 5 minutes but it will NEVER happen again.

If YOU believe in something, you’ve done your research, you believe it to be correct and true, you must COMMIT to it 100%. Promise me you will?

Because everybody else, they’re just outsiders. They mean NOTHING when it comes to your dreams and your ambitions.
They do not spend any where NEAR the time you spend with yourself to know half of what you go through or what you’re trying to attain.

They’re road blockers that are trying to stop you from getting to where you’re determined to go.

Repeat after me.

I WILL NOT ALLOW MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY TO INFLUENCE MY LIFE DECISIONS, BE IT BIG OR SMALL, NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION.

Repeat it again. OUT LOUD!

Good.

Everybody is different.
Everybody has opinions.
Everybody has advice.

Don’t let people’s positive/negative experiences affect you and your body.

You are far too precious for that!

Keep your eye on the prize ok?

For now, be healthy from the inside out.

x Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment