Sunday, September 6, 2009

GIFT WRAPPED CAULIFLOWER & CHICKEN

I love my family but sometimes, a lot of the time, they just don’t understand.

My parents know my food routine by now and how i strategically control every single thing that goes into my mouth, down to "i'm off to the gym . . again"

I must admit my household itself is pretty good.

It’s when we go to the family events, Christmas or Easter, or even just a birthday that there ends up being a tiny bit of a rock in the road.

By no means are we an unhealthy family, it’s all good food and healthy food, but of course there are going to be things I am simply unable to eat.

If I were on a “normal” diet, wasn’t the way I am, and just plain didn’t give a shit, sure I would have no hesitation downing the homemade white bread my yaya continues to make, hot out of the oven . . or the chicken snitzel and crispy roasted potatoes that makes your taste buds go WOW.

But that’s not me anymore.

My body is my body and I will treat my body as I see fit.

I refuse to treat my body like shit.
I have in the past, and i made a promise to myself that it will not happen again. PERIOD.

After all I AM stuck with this body for the rest of my life.

It’s just you and me baby! One day at a time, fighting to be the best body you and I can possibly be.
One day, one day soon, we will look each other in the eye and AGREE on more things then we do now.

Like when I tell you you could go without the Cadbury chocolate, but you downright punch me in the face . . or when you insist that the handful of nuts is NEVER big enough and you want to go for seconds.

Everyday is a battle between you and me, but you know what, I will NEVER give up.

I know better, and you know that i know better.
I refuse to let you beat me. I refuse to let you win. I refuse to let you get in the way.
After all body I’m just trying to look after you, I wish you could see that!

ANYWAY, back to the family events.

At these family events, it’s now become instinct to say no.

NO,NO,NO.

No I would not like a piece of chocolate cake.
No I would not like some ice-cream.
No I would not like to try this concoction of fat, fat, and more fat.

(Neither do you body, get over it!)

Now I totally understand that my grandparents are just like that, that’s just how they are, that’s what you get with having wog grandparents, they want to FEED you, feed you, and feed you some more until there’s no space in your lungs to breathe and you feel like you’re going to pop something any minute now.

I know they’re doing it out of love, and I appreciate that, but sometimes I wish the world, or at least my family worked differently.

Like when they continue offering me things they know I will not say yes to, when they buy me little chocolate lindt bars, or ferrero.

I live to see the day when they hand me over CAULIFLOWER or CABBAGE wrapped in a box! or even better . . . CHICKEN! TURKEY MINCE! KANGAROO STEAK!

Now THAT would be one awesome day in my books.

A day that would never, ever, ever be forgotten.

A girl can dream right?

For now, I will continue on my path of “no thankyou, no, no, no I’m alright, no thanks, no I’ve already eaten, no I’ve got my own food thanks.”

And to all you girls or guys going through the same thing, just stick at it.

For the positive, healthy ramifications that come out of it FAR outweigh the “happiness” you are likely to feel for max of 2 seconds, until you swallow that piece of junk and it all goes downhill from there!

SURE I would like to have certain foods that I cannot have, I have these cravings at LEAST once a week, if not more, but slowly slowly my body is realising it doesn't NEED these foods at all, EVER and my emotions toward eating and towards food are changing in a positive way, for the better.

I can’t wait when I get to the stage where I just don’t want those foods at ALL, any time of the year.

Where I can be surrounded by a room full of chocolate for 365 days of the year and not be one bit tempted, not even the slightest.

That day will come.

For now, I’m taking it one day at a time, and treating my body like a machine.
Eating for fuel!

Believe it or not, there are MORE important things than food.
Like kicking some ass on that x-trainer which i am about to do!
Gotta LOVE the cardio. (hint of sarcasm)
sweat it the fuck out.

“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.”

No comments:

Post a Comment